Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DIY Lace-Back Shirt!

Don't over think this one, just MAKE IT!

You know you want to....

<<**LACE BACK SHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!!!!**>>

Wo0t!

Here we go:

Get a shirt, scissors, pins, needle, thread (duh)...


I chose this shirt bc it had a bit of transparency to flow with the finished look of the lace being peek-a-booey. Perfect for the layering...... \;-) muahahahaaa! 


Slice that sucker right down the middle, leaving the neckline intact...

I spread it out to make an A-shaped opening.


I used an old cotton/poly blend lace table cloth from the dollar store.

You heard me. It's soft, stretchy, washes well & pretty ;-)

Put it on top of the A-shaped opening, paying attn to patterns that catch the eye...

Line up the edges of the shirt with a symmetrical design in the lace...

Then cut it out according to how much of the design I wanted to fill the opening in the shirt.

I left the edges of the lace soft, following the curves of the design as a nice complement to the solid curved edges of the neck & hemline of the shirt. 

Now PIN IT!!!! 


This may take you a few tries... If you have patience, employ it NOW!

Hand sew it like I did, or if your machine chops are stellar, have at it! 

I had my concerns because of the two different textures of fabrics running thru the machine & getting snagged or too slippy.... 

My inner control freak slapped the back of my hand & shouted "NO!" 

I listened & got this:



Like I said before: Wo0t! 

Light, airy, layerable! 

Try it with a stripey tank under, YUM!

Now go & MAKE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO
~JM

No comments:

Post a Comment