Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Glam Witches Lair DIY Halloween


This year we went ALL out TWICE!!!

Once for our towns Pumpkin Fest...

(above photo collage by our friend Nikki)

And a Second time on Halloween!


First, P-Fest!


We had the Nooks n Crannies all decked out!
Pumpkin Charli, Pumpkin Vignette, Skeleton, Sugar Skull Jack O' Lantern (won "very cool pumpkin" ribbon)...


Bats in the Lampshade! Classic! 


Come & sit for a Spell..... ;-D


Our Living Room, & My Studio had Lots to look at...
Bat Wall (bat wall post here), Headless Woman, Ominous Crows, Spider Wall, Pumpkin Tree, Wigs, Makeup, Hats, Glow Sticks...


CANDY...
I spray painted this plastic tub matte black & primed it by rubbing my chalk eraser on it...
Now it can be drawn/written on or labeled whatever I want... It is now my minion.... >;-)

Don't forget the GLITTER!


Giving guests the option to get their Glam on.... 
$ Store Face Paints,Glow Sticks, Glitter Nail Polishes & Hair Sprays...


So many Spiders... The pkg of 150 Spiders from Target went a LONG WAY!


Lots of appropriate Art in the Kitchen to help brew up some spells n potions...


Great Pumpkin Mug comes out for the Most Sincerest of Keurig Coffee Makers...
(as far as the eye can see!)


And a VooDoo-y Bath...


That spooky piece of art I made years ago sure looks Witch-Tastic here...

B&W Candle Print from my Art School Days flanked by tatty pages from Edgar Allen Poe...

Goat Head, of course... So Witchy! 

After the Pumpkin Fest we enjoyed the decor for a couple of weeks till....

All Hallows' Eve...


Going w/the Glam Witch Theme... 

I played around w/some makeup...

Green eyeshadow for bronzer as well as on my eyes...
A wetted angle brush w/dark n sparkley shaddow for the liner-
To not take away from the Demi false lashes...
Large glitter stuck on with eyelash adhesive...
An overall dusting of glitter for good measure! 
Perfect Witch Glamour!

Charli enjoyed trying on a new look... Meowoof!

And all I needed now was...
The Hat...


I found these pics on Pinterest for Glamming up The Hat!


$3 for the plain witch hat at Target...


I put my Flower Crown from the Pumpkin Fest on it (made from $Store flower arrangement)...

Stuck some feathers I had spray painted copper & silver in there...

Then I made a bow w/some sheer black wired ribbon from Michaels I had lingering from the wedding crafting...


You can see the spider in the Hat details in this pic of my Witchiness w/Mr. Mars...

Black Cats ham it up on Halloween! 


Told Hubby to put a wig on it & set our Witchy Table for Two.


Our Candy Cauldron needed some bubbley foam (tulle)...
& some Fire (tulle w/sticks, & flickering flameless candles)...
& a Witchy Chant to cast the Perfect Candy Loving Spell!



Ooooooo.... Dark & Spooky Candy Goodness!


No-Carve party Pumpkins!

I went the no-carve route to preserve the pumpkins for further fall decorating...
And to save time...
And to save my wrists... CarpalTtunnel y'know... ;-)


Michaels for the Masks, & Stashes, $ Store for the Glow Sticks (left overs from Pumpkin Fest)...

Wicked.


A Crow, Cat, & a close resemblance to Nick Offerman.....


Totally intentional....

The perfect night watching the ghosts n goblins from the porch w/my Love...

& Candy! 


This Witch Made some Magic, 

You should Make some TOO!

XOXO
~JM

P.S.
Don't forget to pack all your stuff away once Halloween is over...


X-z lol my house is a MESS! The true HORROR of Halloween...

Follow us on Facebook for Make of the Days & Inspo!

No comments:

Post a Comment