Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Studio Makeover: Chalkboard Flower Wall!

Yay! Studio Makeover Fun!!!


Its Spring! Everything is in Bloom! Even my Studio!


I'm not quite finished yet, but its a chalkboard mural... are those ever really finished?

Or Permanent...? ;-D


No Doubt, Pinterest was my inspo! While searching for Flower Walls or Black Rooms this Sweetie popped up.


So I got to work! 

I took everything off the wall, filled all the nail holes & slapped some satin finish black paint up.
(I used the cheapest paint I could find! If you wait around for a project to become affordable, chances are you won't ever start it... so...)
I started with a satin finish because I wanted a thicker coat as a base so the top layer of chalkboard paint would have something more solid to stick to. Knowing that I would probably need to wash it down (maybe multiple times) I wanted a solid barrier between the black & the white under it.


Here's the big test! 

I put a good coat of the chalkboard black on, (which looked fab btw, I want to paint an entire room black now, thanks!) and I seasoned it with a big stick of chalk. 

Rubbed it down with a rag & started to sketch where I wanted the design to go & flow!


Taking pics as I go helps me make decisions about where things are going & where they need to go!


Sometimes stepping back is not enough, you need to take pause & go away from it, study it, nurture it... see how it feels, etc... Instincts should be listened to.... blah, blah, blah...


Think about the space used & not...


Gawk at the parts you appreciate most...


Some things get added, some get taken away...

Have fun with taking the chances...

I don't usually draw flowers... Let alone in chalk, in a mural...

Getting to know the materials, playing with the textures, Making something Fun!


I will have time to finish it completely over the next couple of weeks... fingers crossed ;-D


Until then I will enjoy the creativity that poured out...


Spilling into every nook and cranny of  my room!


Taking it in... the new lights twinkle in the Fire Flies in a jar fashion...

Get Out Some Paint!

Get Ready To Scribble!

Get Ready To MAKE SOMETHING!!!

XOXO
~JM

Follow us on the Social Media for more Fun! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment