Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tales From My DIY Xmas Past to Present


This is what My coffee table looks like 2weeks before Xmas (Last year)...

ah bliss...


These were me trees.... Last year...


Studio tree last year, w/me-made ornaments for the friends....


This was after Xmas. I'm never really ready to get rid of festive & sparkley...


Especially when winter is so dark n gloomy...


I like to celebrate winter... 


Helps it go by quicker...


Paper mâché deer head me-made in its first incarnation....


Studio desk after Xmas last year, ready for wedding projects like sewing The Dress...


My lovely lady lamp...


Faux hearth, toasty... Getting my Nordic influences in there....


Closer...


Closer still...


Stars on a stick hangs at the entrance of our Gypsy Porch...


Bell wreath, w/bow & sheet music ornament me-made...


I added some black elements last year, matte black, glitter, candy canes painted black... Icicles... Obsessed I was!


Me-made Stockings...


Outside the Studio...


This was a few years back.... May be the last real tree....

Needles... Still finding needles....


I reuse all the lovely tissue papers & brown bags.... TWINE! 

With this years gift wrapping I will be reusing other things.....


This years tree... Up to speed, with the new star...
Bent the branches downward to give an Alpiney Dr.Seuss look...


Gave Santa a Makeover!!!!! 


Never underestimate the transformative power of a bottle of nail polish...

More projects like this will be finished before the holiday gets here!

There's still so much to make!!!!

And Wrap!!!

Cards to Send! 

Vignettes to Arrange!!!!

Hope you're as busy getting Festive as we are! 

And I hope you're MAKING SOMETHING!!!

XOXO
~JM




























No comments:

Post a Comment