Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving: The Results & Aftermath


Host Thanksgiving...

No problem!

Clean up after, oh my goodness!


If you have a chalkboard, you should use the chalkboard...
Even if it doesn't turn out perfect, erase, try again... 
Have fun w/it! Get your Festive Messages out there!!!

This is in the living room facing our front door... 



It all came together with some effort...


Before...




The morning of...

Making both tables level, w/the obstacles of an uneven floor, & two dramatically different tables...


We made use of the cardboard box that came with our new couch from ikea...

And duct tape to secure it all together!


Large drop cloth from Home Depot... I will layer another large table cloth on top...

Mmmmm.... Layers.....


Napkins n silverware! 
Mixed & Matched Like I Like it...


Twine! Easy Peasy!


I pressed some leaves in a sketchbook in late September, threw em on the table...
Used some pumpkins that had helped w/Halloween decor, along w/local apples...
Some were SO Tiny & cute! 
Toss in some fake pumpkin knick knacks & clementines! 
CENTERPIECE! 

We had everything laid out buffet style...
Chargers (mixed & matched from Target & Michaels(link n/a)) & napkins stayed on the big table, while the dinner plates were in the kitchen...

Near ALL the Food.... 

It was Chaos!

So Much FOOD!


I took a break, and caught my breath out on the gypsy porch...

It was brisk, we had just had a snow storm... Pretty!

The faux mink throw keeps me toasty!


After meal sugar-fest w/as many deserts as there were dinner foods! OMG!


Turkey was delish! Thanks to Hubby! Thank goodness you're domestic! 

Carcass saved in the freezer for a friend who makes bone broth :-)

A Few Dish Washer Cycles Later...

A couple of broken items, leftovers given to folks, leftovers in the fridge...

LEFTOVERS ON THE PORCH!!! Good thing it was cold enough... ;-)

And a couple of days recovering...

The experience was totally worth all the work! 

Everyone came & had a place to sit & enjoy the feast & each others company...

And I'm full of ideas to improve our set up.... 

For the next Gathering.....


This Drink Cart for instance, was a last minute idea.

It helped make our wine glasses & coffee/tea supplies, etc... Easier to access...

I liked it SO much, I'm keeping it around!

I put the remaining coffee/tea supplies in yesterday...
There's one cubby left for wine, etc... ;-)

I celebrated w/a root beer float! 

This cart had been orphaned on the side of the road years ago...


I gave it a good home, w/a kitteh to sit in it...
One of its first incarnations as an art cart on the porch...


This summer it helped me as my painting cart...


Last year it hung out w/me in my studio...

Long may it live now as our drink cart! 

The first step in making our kitchen more efficient for the entertaining! 

I will attempt a kitchen island today.... If I can dig out the items to repurpose... :-D

I hope you all had a Great Holiday! 

We made some Good Food,

We made the Clean Up Educational,

Now we MAKE the Kitchen Kick Ass!

I Gotta Go MAKE SOMETHING!!! ;-D

XOXO
~JM

Follow our Facebook for daily Inspo, Insights, & Pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment