Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mermaid Hair!

Its Summertime!

Everything is in Full Bloom!

You feel like you need to be by the Water! 

Its Magic is Calling!

Why Not Become Part of that Magic & Try Mermaid Hair!!!


Mermaids are mystical,

Beautiful,

And graceful looking...


And of course there are Endless Amounts of Inspiration Pictures on Pinterest


Curious to see how it would look on me...

I used an app to take one of my selfies and put the Mermaid Color on!

OOOOOOOO... Let's!

 
I reached for my Pravana Vivids!

A little bit of blue, little bit of green, mixed it with some conditioner...

And Slapped it on my Hair!

Got in some Minecrafting while I waited for it to process...


W00t it worked!

I washed, conditioned, & wrapped it up to head to bed...

Sweet Mermaid Dreams...


Yeah I'm a mermaid...

lol

Let the Selfie-Palooza Commence!!!

Jenny Loves her some Hair Color Change!


Even after a few shampoos it still looks great!

BUT...

Here's my Caveat: 

This Saturated & Amazing Color...  

When Wet... 

Went Everywhere!

Towels, Pillowcases, Clothes, My Skin, My Nails...

If you have the ability to deal with this type of thing,

Without it becoming a big frustration...

Then...

No Worries.

If not, you are going to want to get some dark towels, etc...

And don't sweat, or go swimming...

Not a very "Mermaid" thing to do... lol 


Even after a few more shampoos still looks great!

Gotta Love a car selfie X-D


Still looks great even a week later!

One of the Best Things About this was... 

Even tho it was Hot Outside...

I still LOVED wearing my hair Down!

Not typical for me during the summer months!


Fading a little bit more after about four weeks...

 
At about the six week mark...

Things got Serious...

It was hard to keep toning the color at my roots where my hair is the most "Virgin"...

I had re-applied the color & processed as directed...

BUT...

My root area was just too slippery :-(

I kept a blue/green conditioner in the shower...

& Had To Use It EVERY TIME I shampooed...

&

Still it looked Fadey...

It was time to do something different...

This was...

Too Much Maintenance! 


Clarifying treatments of Redkens Pre-Art, & then a follow-up of Olaplex number two...

That is the Best Selfie Evarrrrrrrrrrrr! 


After the first set of clarifying and reconditioning treatments it faded a bunch...

BUT...

I needed a little extra Push to help Budge the color tho...

I tried out the Pravana "Clear method" as a Soap Cap...

Pravana Clear from their Permanent Color Line w/a Peroxide Developer, Level of My Choosing...

Rubbed it around for about 20 mins...

& Followed with an Olaplex number two treatment...

That's the middle picture... 

Personally, I didn't enjoy the Clear Method because it was so smelly!

& the Look of the Results & the Feel on the Hair...

Was pretty much the same as a regular Soap Cap (bleach mixed with shampoo)...

I tried a regular Soap Cap next & with followed an Olaplex number two treatment...
(pic 3) ;-)


Between the second and the third stage of my Fade Out Treatments...


Minty Blonde! 

The Perfect Bridge between both worlds of Mermaid and regular Blonde!!!

I think I keep it! 

<3


Yeah!!!

Braid that hair!

Let it set while you sleep! 

Daryl Hannah from Splash got nothing on me lol!

Get some Inspiration...

Get some Pravana Vivids!

Get some MERMAID HAIR!!!

& don't forget to have FUN! 

& MAKE SOMETHING!!!

XOXO
~JM

Lets be Friends! Find us on the Facebook. Instagram, Twitter!

Did you like this Post?





No comments:

Post a Comment