Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Late Summer/Early Fall Home Accents

CAN'T RESIST THE MAKING!!!!



Fall is pretty sweet, pumpkin everything, the colors on the trees, that smell in the air....

Halloween...

Where to begin!?!?!?!

TWIGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I had a bunch of twigs left over from last year...
and a pillar candle...
AND a couple of vases that I'd been using for candles/displays, etc...


Stick that pillar candle in that smaller vase, then place them in the bigger vase...

Stick the sticks inside the gap betwixt the two walls of glass. 

This keeps them away from the flame...


It totally has that cozy fireplace/wood stove feel when the lights are out :-))))))))))

Coffee Table Done! ✔️


Candles in jars/a tray/some river rocks collected on hikes with the Charli Dog...

Corner Dresser in Living Room, Done✔️

But!!!!!

The sun is still shiny & HOT! 

I will still be hanging out outside. 
For real, soakin up all the vitamin d I can! 

Our second floor front porch has been ignored for a while...


So sad! So much STUFF!!!


It was a busy year, three family weddings, including ours... 
Lots of MAKING things...
No wonder lots of random stuff collected...

So. . . . .

Let's get this porch going for the afternoon Sun Therapy Sessions!

Or after work Cocktails.... ;-)


Candles, Tray, Coasters & a....

Huge Pickle Jar 

Left over from our wedding flowers, etc... (that blog post coming SOON!)

Filled it with a dried arrangement I had around the house...




Eucalyptus, Fuzzy Wheat (both from Michael's), 
some dried Queen Anne's Lace (I picked & dried last summah), etc... 

Then- filled the base w/pebbles 
originally bought at Home Depot to use w/candle jars at our wedding...

The pebbles will make the jar SUPER HEAVY!!!

This will keep the dried stems ANCHORED! 

You do not want to have to pick them up after they've blown out of the jar...
& all over the porch...
& neighborhood...

I know this porch is notorious for feeling the brunt of any weather we have...
So an ounce of prevention...
Set myself up for success...
blah, blah...
yadda, yadda, yadda....


It's the Sheet Curtain Experience! Left over from our.... Wedding.... LoL
(curtain post coming SOON!)


Ahhhh..... Better already!

Just wait till I get my pumpkin on!!! 

I will try to hold out till mid sept.... Hubby will have to restrain me...

And the so far...



I will be redoing that chair hiding out on this side of the porch... 

AND...

You can see I'm currently painting things gold.... New obsesh! 
(lol that post coming SOON... :-D)

AND...

Lest we forget....

The back porch...
Gets a lil dried arrangement as well...


You can read about my summer Boho Gypsy Tent Porch Make Over here:

Now...

Gotta get back to MAKING!!!!

You should MAKE SOMETHING TOO!!!

XOXO
~JM







No comments:

Post a Comment