Wednesday, September 22, 2021

CAN I FINISH ONE THING?!





 I can’t tell you in words

The depth of feeling 

When I had the realization 

That my spritely energy 

My drive and enthusiasm 

Had diminished 

And was now 

Undeniably apparent

And hopelessly noticeable 



This was taking months to finish 

Am I finished now…?

I am not sure…


This room has been in process since March

And now I could go on 

Recounting the ways 

That I feel that I’ve come up short

Or that my energy levels 

Or my health

Mental or physical 

Has been a bother

A hindrance 

A veritable thorn

In my side


I’ve have had a rough dance

Around the truth

And found 

For what seems to me like

The thousandth 

And last palatable 

Disturbance 

From the individual perspective 

Of the outer environments 

Of the current realities 

It has been the scrape

Of the knife 

To knock off the veneer

That was the life I made

For long enough I sat with my feelings 

For this matter 

Feeling for some time 

That I didn’t deserve to have 

A grieving process 

For the likelihood was

My abilities to keep afloat 

Were satisfactory in the belief 

That I wasn’t entitled to 

My root emotions 

In response to my perception 

Of comfort to hardship 

And that 

My dear friends 

Is how 

I became acquainted 

With grief 

As she came

Slept on the couch

Ate all the good snacks 

And refused 

To leave


Now I spend time 

Addressing the billowing piles

Of projects 

That whisper “finish me”

As I remind myself to take 

A full deep breath

And try to hear 

The energy call from deep under the weight 

Of the details of each day

That now 

I have to catalog 

And keep track of by date

To quell the muddled cacophony 

That comprises my daily scramble 

To be on top of it all

Stay safe

Learn stats

What’s the outlook 

Who are you 

What do you do

Follow your drive

Keep going

Be nice…

Haven’t felt very proficient in that last one lately…

Who cares… 

There’s still hope…. Sure…

6 manuscripts started and 5 collections of poems

I’ll need an attitude pass for now

If you don’t mind

I’m effing sad

How are you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment