Friday, April 3, 2020

New Dining Room

Still out there?
how goes it?

we are definitely not living the existence that we thought we would be right now...

but

I do know that after all is said and done
we will be picking ourselves up and dusting ourselves off ...

with all hopes that we will have something resembling what life was like before...

onward. we. go.

New Dining Room!!!

we tend to get technical after the holidays

we take stock of what worked, 
how many ppl we need to probably prep for next season...

and how to make it easier
we do not want these fun times to feel like a chore

so we took our downstairs sitting room with the wood stove

and

turned it into a dining room!!!! 


do you recognize that table?


yep its the old one from the kitchen!

its a bit wobbly 

and a lil too narrow

time to find something else

but a nice first try


how the sitting room used to look like


this was definitely a good first draft

the widows and the sun!

we are now making any excuse to be in there!



here's the 5 legged hand-me-down

how old is it?

from the 1920s? 40s? 50s? 60s?

the jury is out on that...

I do know for a fact that it was my grandmothers kitchen table

but

lets back up a bit to the transformation...


took all the cozy furniture to the snug down the hall

what's a snug... its a den...

Charli is helping.


took the ruggy rug upstairs to the bedroom...

its now part of the meditation corner of the bedroom...

I'll prob blog about that soon...

I'm cleaning out all the clutter etc...


see all the extra rugs now...

still re-distributing them...


hey 

isn't that that rug y'all got from target a while back 
that was supposed to go under the bed...?

yuppers

let me tell you something...

sometimes things come into this house

and it seems really automatic 

what its for or where its going to go...

then sometimes this happens...

there's what feels like procrastination.

its not.

the rug was definitely made for this! 

lol

so don't beat yourself up for hesitating on a project

the best possible outcome is just BREWING...

let it

trust it.

be patient.


and look at how well it goes under the table!!!

lil tip:

this rug was 8 x 10 on sale for like $80 with free shipping from target online

I tend to stalk the sales for rugs

then we couple that with our red card discount

I'm not affiliated with the targs...

just a tip from me to you

;-)


close up

Charli is still helping...

the center leg was missing its castor

and correct me if I'm wrong here

most kitchen tables with castors like this were probably 
used way way back because they didn't usually have a ton of counter space
and needed something they could easily slide over to wherever was useful
and then slid back easily without needing help or scratching the floor...

if so 

this may be great grandmas table...

ooooooooooooooo


of course because I'm a pack rat girl scout 

I had a wee wooden castor in an old tool box 

in the cellar

I've had that thing sooooooo long

I don't even remember where I got it

or found it

or what it came off of...

FATE


pretty sweet


remember


weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee



I'm not really sure why these pics have positioned themselves side by side............................................

but we are just going to let them be... cuz they cute.




this is where I'm sitting now

so frikkin cozy

and I frikkin love cozy!!!




so here we are 
spring
season of rebirth

what are you all doing during this time?

are you guys working from home?

I've got some paint and crowbar type projects coming up

literally 

in just a day...

wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we tear it down to build it up!

k kids... just wait... you'll see the next incarnation of this lovely table soon...

hope you all are riding the waves of life well.

roll with the punches.

and don't forget 

I'm proud of you, & you are loved.

AND
















No comments:

Post a Comment