Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The Garden Time: Spring 2023



First time back to the garden centers!

Great rewards for my exposure therapy 

Just couple it with retail therapy 


Gardening! 


Building our Garden Beds


Rooms

Is going to require a few bits more 
Than the volunteer plants 
Which there are many 

&

The clearance sale bag o bulbs 

We have so much space to fill!


The first tulips I’ve ever grown!

Remarkably good results! 

Trying more varieties next!


This old cedar chest
Has been with me for years 

Now 

It has been an amazing planter!

There are large fabric pots 
Inside there
Holding things tight 
To make it last a bit longer 

This is the third season so far…


The “Faux-zebo” 
Or 
“The Arches”

Once was a fire pit area 
in a 
Cathedral of trees…

Until
The trees 

Showered
The ground 

In every storm

With
Javelin branches 
Demolishing chairs 

The chairs 
Where we had sat
Sometimes 
Just hours before…

And as this lil set up was built
After we had nearly 100 trees removed 
Just a few years ago 

Three times since those trees were taken 
We have had other
Branches and trees 
SMASH 
Through the arches
Breaking planters 
Etc…

I spent some time 
Last week repairing some planters


You can see 

On the lower left
There’s 
A kink 
In the front arch
From last Decembers 
Nor’easter 

Just as I finished
Replacing all of 
The broken lights 

BAM!

Two brand new sets of lights…

Easy come 
Easy go


But

We have these random bouquets 
Of violets
&
Wild strawberries 
All over this year 

I think 
That makes us even 

Right 


The amount of ferns is insane this year 


The azure bluet
Is spreading 


And the materials we’ve gathered 
To make up the raised 
Hugelkutur beds

With tons of goodies 
Composting in 
Filling gaps
Where there won’t be soil or plants yet…


One of the local nurseries has this…
It’s been on my list for a long time!!!!


And we’ve been looking at getting new chairs…
My old set of wicker chairs 
That I bought vintage 
Almost 20yrs ago 
Have been slowly falling apart 


I’ve been putting glue and paint 
New cushions
And covers

Most of the fixes were easy
But Now 
It has gotten to the point 
Where the paint won’t stick


There’s nothing to glue 
Or screw 
Things back together to…

The ones above 
Have the perfect legs!

Won’t sink into the ground etc… 

Weather proof material 

Perfectly comfortable…

Fingers crossed that they’re still available 
When we’ve saved up for them!


I mean…

If money were no object…

Imagine that? 

Thanks Pinterest 

Lol


I’m good with just my 

Wonky

Shabby

Fauxzebo 

Lol

I really should not
Be placing 
Pinterest photos 
Next to my garden pics…

Oy! 

I’ve got a lot of work to do…




Better get my gardening hat on!

Finish my coffee 

&

Get out there…

X-J


No comments:

Post a Comment