Friday, May 26, 2023

The Woods Have Come Alive (with Baby Foxes!)

 

What a surprise this week!!!



We have Babies!

These wee ones
are using our yard as a training/playground

sent an email to all the neighbors
to keep an eye out

Just in case they happen to pop down to the road etc...

So far they have stayed up near and behind the house

They are a painfully adorable thing to watch from the kitchen
whist I am making my Three Beverages to go with
my breks...

More about them later...


The false Lilly of The Valley is blooming...


So are the Lady Slippers...


Some grand stramash...

Spotted on one of my walks 
on the road...

If I weren't so Germ Minded...

I might have 

Maybe...

picked these up...

Back to the yard tho...


The Bittersweet was already leafy
and 
ready to conquer...

So, I suited up
put the tape to catch the ticks
around me ankles

and got stuck in...
3 hours of cutting
and
4 fifteen minute breaks later

90% done...

all of the harder woody stems
and
the bits that had climbed the trees I cut out

I can definitely
consider this a win...

next step is the weed block fabric
gravel
and stone for the new 
backyard patio...

plan is to have a nice place to sit
gather
eat
fire pit
lounge
and just rest ones eyes
from all of the wild foliage...

because 
unless you already knew this
nature will creep in 
unless you give it 
boundaries

&

We are 
all about the 
boundaries!



One of the plants I hope to add to the garden
that the new patio will look down into...

there will be a fountain as well...

Cannot wait!!!

We are going hunting for stone this week...



One of my Top of the Driveway patio views
while
taking the breaks

I really do understand 
now
why so many gardens have seating areas
like
lil rooms
here and there
why would you ever need more than one 
lil area to sit in?

Because gardening is so physically 
taxing
you need to sit
not only to 
enjoy
bit
to contemplate 
the space 
&
what to do next...

while you are in the building 
or maintanence
phase

you need 
to rest
take in the view
prevent injury
so you can keep gardening!
(and buying or propogating more plants!)

lol

Anyway
back to Fox Pups! 


Catching the big bugs that fly around the front porch light...


So adorable


Two nights in a row so far


They are just so small


Such lil hunters

This morning watching them
stalk each other
and
go after butterflies
it's like a 
Disney movie 
for Pete's sake!

Anyone grow up with
the movie
The Fox & The Hound

yeah I'm just living 
my dream here!


They were
Eating the wild strawberries
that I refuse to mow or pull
they multiply every year

along with the blueberries 
and 
raspberries

I bet they would love a few apple trees as well...

And just when we thought 
that the 
horrible amounts of ticks
this year 
with the cool Spring
that we 
are having
was turning us off
from living in the woods

These wee ones show up
and
make us fall in love 
with where we live 
all over again.


Hope you are all well
and finding 
your moments
and
things 
that make you 
fall in love
with 
your life again





















No comments:

Post a Comment