Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Plumber Drama: part two

Well we have had our success!

In the outdoor faucets!



Having a long plot of land, requires a lot of hoses when you are building garden beds!

But we had other things to inquire about...

Things that had been on our chacklist of priorities for a long while...


Our well water comes in (if you are not familiar) & gets stored in a bladder.

Well water is never truly known for its grand water pressure.

So we asked if there were a larger version we could upgrade to.


The theory was to have more water in storage to create more pressure, especially if one were watering the garden and someone else were to be washing up indoors, etc...


Of course the Plumber said he would take a look.

Luckily, even though, we had thought he was just there to give estimates, he had a schedule open enough, to do more than just chit chat.


He inspected the small bladder & said that there was not enough air left in it to create much pressure to begin with.

Ok, so we are making this a priority today then.


I would get you a pick of our set up...

All I focus on when I look in the cellar is cobwebs & dust. Yuck!

I won't put you all through that... 


He also said something about algae, & honestly, I just sped passed how that could be super gross...

And we agreed, let's just take care of this today!


Now, when we lived in apartments, having no knowledge of any real inner workings of wherever we lived, or, how much it might cost... Spending a couple grand on anything but fun, food, or experiences would have just blown our minds.


But, now, watching all of the rents in our area surpass what we pay monthly to live where we do, & knowing how our property value has gone up as we have owned... The investment, sits front & center when we make these repairs and changes. 

That purchase doesn't just go away... It grows with your home, and you, and if/when you plan to live somewhere else... Rent or sell, you benefit. Not to mention your everyday life can be enhanced by fixing/improving. 

Now, if we can get a contractor here to do the bulkhead, and the trim around the windows...

These are not things that I am well versed in...

Sure, I've watched a few videos...

I have read about, and I can understand how to do those things...

I would be more apt to try taking down our pony wall between the kitchen and front room, than I would ever be willing to try heavier chop and water proof, check for other signs of damage & know what to do about that, etc... Not to mention, I still do not have the tools...

Anyway,

The faucets work great, the bladder has been working great...

Glad we had them out to do it, some of the piping by the front spigot in the basement had all sorts of areas that would be at the end of their life soon, and needed upgrading as well... would have been interesting if something had gone leaky there, because they hover over the current laundey situation... Eek!

Can we make more plans though please!

An Electric Hot Water Heater for the elimination of using the furnace during the warmer months?

Or get the new laundry set up in the old linen closet upstairs...?

New back door?

Finish painting the inside?

Maybe once the summer heat prevents me from building the garden beds? 

And Mother nature is providing me with so many volunteer plants, I am really just scrambling to get things in the ground/raised beds asap!


Yellow Paintbrush or Meadow Hawkweed has sprung up and I am here for it!


The False Lily of the Valley is so charming... The real Lily of the Valley is having a moment in the backyard... I should really take some time to take more pics...

I have been trying to work as efficiantly as possible, but I have put up a few shorts on the YouTubes...

I have been wearing a pedometer while working on the garden:


There's a lot of movement happening!

Ive been waiting for this level of vitality to come back.


Let's get all the things done this year, yes?

Was this more about gardening than plumbing? Maybe, but who's arguing with that?


K, I'm going for a walk lol

x~J 








No comments:

Post a Comment