Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Flights ~continued~ 51:

 


51

They told me

Never 

Build a fence 

Around your 

Tiny cemetery 

The averages

Say

Once one part

Of you dies

There will be more 

Like rungs 

On a ladder 

Going down

Into the dirt




This collection… I thought there were only about 52 poems… seems like we maybe going longer… like I cousin you haven’t seen in years… I swear you were just a tiny child… but you are a fully grown adult… how’d that happen… probably like the other night… I’m drifting off to sleep at 12:30ish am… and words start gathering at my minds gate… sometimes I ignore them promising them that they can enter the club when I wake and it’ll still be a good time… and then I open my eyes and the crowd behind the velvet rope is completely gone… empty streets… just a ragged piece of paper being tossed in the breeze between the dense landscape of buildings that makes up my thoughts and feelings… with the occasional allley cat wandering thru ~ who is so cute and may come over if you call to it… careful tho… it’s probably a situation where you pet it ~ it purrs… then whips around and the claws are out… y’know like life. 



;-)



For videos of plants, pets, poems, and paint:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCwJrc7pn-PTCOQT_H5ffe2g


#poem #poetry #creativewriting #writing #writer #innerchildwork #ptsd #depression #anxiety #transmutation #magick #pandemiclife #hope #picoftheday #projects #enchanted #fairy #muses

No comments:

Post a Comment