Tuesday, November 9, 2021

I’ve Canceled Christmas!

 Last week~

I felt as though I could have taken the bevy of faux Christmas trees we have here in storage, and made menagerie types of vignettes around the house …

This week~

Know thyself! I’ve been operating under a mountain of troubleshooting with a serious lack of resources.

How can you be entertaining the thought of pulling all that junk out, setting it’s dusty faux foliage all over the place, only to have to clean it all back up in a month? 

The resolve~ 

Hygge ~ a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being. The internets will detail this as simple as: 


  • Light Some Candles. Ask any Danish person, and they'll tell you that the easiest way to create a hyggelig atmosphere is with candles (I can definitely commit to this)
  • Light a Fire. If a tiny candle flame is cozy, a fire is even cozier (on it!)
  • Put on Comfy Clothes (yes, absolutely, getting my sweaters out now)
  • Take a Walk (working on this one)
  • Share a Meal (crock pot is ready)
  • Drink Something Hot (we have topped off our tea and cocoa supplies)
  • Read a Book (I have one ready to go)


This shouldn’t be a downer. 

Sometimes not doing something that will drain a limited amount of reserve, is for the greater good of the self.

So instead of~

Wrestling heaps of decor, and fussing with the dusty placement of one thing or another… letting the idea of nostalgia, drive the syphoning of a very small bank of energy… in this situation, we find ourselves in a toxic relationship with obligation.

Is it just the fact that there are holiday decor pieces, here, in storage, that makes one think~ let’s get them out!!! Because the dates on the calendar demand that we must add to the already festooned nest you inhabit…

I like the idea of the whole deck the halls thing, don’t get me wrong… Jenny loves a holiday! But… and my but is big… it is.

I need simplicity. 

I think about how simple, lighting a candle and snuggling up would be. 

The outrageous concept ~

Just skip the menagerie.

I also love a challenge. So I get the cozy, just none of the “work”.

Anyone else coming to this realization?

~J





















No comments:

Post a Comment