Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November Resurrections


Can I finally be on the razors edge 

Of figuring out

How to get back to my enthusiasm 

For being…? 

I may have heard a rumor 

That there’s a map

To the actual map

And at least that’s a thing…

Anyway 

As the allergies begin to fall away 

And the light increases as we lose the leaves

The humidity flees

And the clothes 

Oh the jackets, boots and hats!!!



Cozy hoodies and sweaters!!!

I feel my strength filling back in!!!

Did y’all have a Halloween?

Samhain?

Last harvest in the northern hemisphere?

Good time…?

We had a little time off, and relaxed

And built a thing, then it got crushed by a tree


Ate some sugar

Painted a wall


Both headlights burnt out on our car

Watched some old spooky movies 

Tried to get plants in the ground 

Got our wood stove serviced finally 

Put on makeups


Ate more sugar

Omg fully realized the potential of the faux Ivy 


Now we’ve put most of the Halloween away 


Even though I really want our full house decor theme

To now be inspired by 

The famed Highgate Cemetery in London 



Did you know that for under $20k you can buy a plot in that famous cemetery to have your final resting place…?

Well y’ can!

It’s a chilling prospect to aspire to…

And while we are thinking “chilling”…

I will set up our bird feeders today… 

Cuz it’s “chilling” out…


Frosty mornings are here.

Novembers icy bouquet 

Hangs on the goldenrod as

False blooms

Yet so beautiful 

You crave the image

With the overwhelming fury of 

HOW CAN THIS BE SO INSANELY PRETTY!?!

I just want to wrap my hands 

Around it and crush it!!!

Lol 

Speaking of plants …

I found a bin 

In our basement…

That wasn’t labeled… *gasp*

So I slowly

Released the latches of the stiff plastic lid

And peered inside 

Expecting, I thought 

To find that one missing bin of Halloween items 

The bin that might contain the special orange light bulbs 

That I had been having no luck finding 

And then I saw it

Pale green and languishing 

Stretched thin 

And covering the inside of the bin with perspiration 

Was a pot of Canna Lilies 

I thought they had died 

In a frost

Two years ago 

And there they sat

In the dark 

No light 

No water

Just waiting 

To be discovered 

And I will pot them in fresh soil

And take great care of them indoors for the winter 

And see what happens…

The power of plant energy 

Is fully amazing 

If I don’t forget again

That they’re down there…

Until they’ve taken over the basement

And start sending shoots up through the floorboards 

Eventually leading to their amassing an army

Of plant kind

Which eventually takes over the planet…

Or something like that

Ooooo then the whole world will look like the 

Cascading planty lushness of the 

Famous Highgate Cemetery 

In London


Love it 

Get your hats and gloves on darling 

Because we are heading to the graveyard for a walk…

Let’s go

No seriously …

See you there…

Obsessed.

Speaking of obsession 

Xmas is coming 

Do y’all get excited about decorating?

I’ve got a plethora of faux trees here already…

Maybe just putting them all up

With just lights on them…?

Clustered together…???

I’ve seen some fun colored ones… 

From Target 


I can picture just an all red tree 

With either all red ornaments 

Or all white ornaments like a candy cane…

Maybe just slap a Santa beard on it and belt 

With boots at the bottom… lol

Can you tell that the playful side 

Is trying to find its way back… 

Fingers crossed… 

Happy November Kids,

More poetry coming soon, the rest of “Flights” is waiting 

To meet you…

-J





No comments:

Post a Comment