Wednesday, November 9, 2022

November 9th, 2022

 Dear Diary, 


Here I sit, in the clear thoughts of what must be my mind, in a state of calm. I should be upset. But there is an icy chill in the air that I can not ignore. Because, it is my favorite thing. 

The perfect, sleepy, frosted mornings, with coffee, with the sun low in the sky, but not at its lowest… somehow this feels like a show of grace. 

And the only signs of life as I go out to walk, are the nesting family of ravens in the East Yard. I hear them chuff and cluck as I make my way. Their chattering continues, giving away the fact that the brood has expanded with each call of new juvenile voices. 

I could stay out there, all day, memorizing what foliage has bravely withstood the frost. 

But, I will let the indoors win for the moment. I understand my responsibilities. Small friends, needing food, water, treats, and one specifically… elder care. Smooth the scruff, and settle them in I will.

Then I will bide my time. And enjoy this patch of sunlight. 

The coffee, the journaling, etc… 

Until I bask in my November again.

x~J






No comments:

Post a Comment